Curriculum for Excellence

Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Effective Contributors, Responsible Citizens

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Katelyn Farquhar's 500 word story competition entry


Flutterby the Fairy
 
One day I was on the way home from school on the bus. We went over a bump. It was Friday so I had my fiddle.  On the chair next to me my fiddle fell against my ear. I heard some sort of chattering noise.

When I got home I looked to see what the noise was, and there, right in front of me was a sparkly, glamorous, beautiful fairy. She had a sparkly, white dress, beautiful gold wings and sparkly silver shoes. She was the most beautiful thing I’ve see in my life. I asked her what her name was. She said Flutterby.

“Hmm” I thought, Flutterby, Flutterby the fairy. I asked her how she got there.

“Well…” she said, “I was listening to you play but I was so engrossed I didn’t realize when you put it away. Oh and thank you for letting me out.”

Flutterby sprinkled fairy dust on my nose, and said “I will see you soon.”

Soon after I met Flutterby, I was doing a school play with my fiddle but I couldn’t get the tune right. My nose was itchy during practice so I scratched it. Suddenly Flutterby appeared in front of me, sprinkled fairy dust on my fiddle, sit on my shoulder and listened to me play. The tune was perfect! The audience loved it!

 

 By Katelyn…

No comments:

Post a Comment